Personal and Group studies related to practical christianity, biblical understanding, and theological explorations.
The Lord’s Prayer: A Reformation Perspective (Holy Week 2022)
This study addresses the question of prayer and examines The Lord’s Prayer through Statements of Faith claimed by the Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand with particular attention to the Larger Catechism (1648).
- Introduction: What is Prayer?
- Preface of The Lord’s Prayer
- First Petition on The Lord’s Prayer
- Second Petition of The Lord’s Prayer
- Third Petition of The Lord’s Prayer
- Fourth Petition of The Lord’s Prayer
- Fifth Petition of The Lord’s Prayer
- Sixth Petition of The Lord’s Prayer
- Doxology of The Lord’s Prayer
Annunciations: Disruption & Invitation (Advent 2021)
This study explores the sacred stories of Advent and Christmas through the lens of film: particularly, the films produced by the Story Ministry division of Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (USA). The study has been adapted for personal and collective study at St Johns Papatoetoe, Auckland, New Zealand.